[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In this introductory espresso class you will get to know all the espresso equipment and accessories so you can make the beverages found in the modern Cafe Menu.
Your career as a Professional Barista starts here!
A Barista is responsible for extracting the espresso from the machine and grinder, but to do well it requires a high level of attention to detail. Through this session you will learn step-by-step what the espresso standard is and what causes extraction so you can prepare it correctly and consistently.
Learn what extraction is and how to control it so you can make perfect espresso…
The Barista must also know how to steam silky textured milk so they can prepare the Cappuccino, Latte, Flat White and all the other delicious milk based coffees on the Cafe Menu, in this lesson we will teach you the science of milk texturing so you will know exactly how to do it (but don’t worry its really simple!).
Perfect for beginners and requires no previous experience…
If you have a general interest in espresso and want to start exploring and learning how to brew it, or you want to kick start your career as a professional barista or even open a cafe then this class is for you. It is a skill-based lesson (practical) with the theory explained as your using the equipment and making coffee.[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”8970″ alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Course Content
- Barista Fundamentals
- Espresso Grinder Functions
- Espresso Machine Functions
- Coffee Storage & Shelf Life
- Effective Cleaning Methods
- Espresso Dosing Techniques
- Grind Distribution Methods
- Effective Tamping Procedure
- Water Saturation
- Channeling Management
- Espresso Standard
- Heating Milk
- Stretching Milk
- Texturing Milk
- Pouring Beverages
- Cafe Menu Standards
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]This class is ideal for;
- A person that has never used a coffee machine and grinder before
- Someone that’s planning to open a Cafe
- Someone that has coffee equipment at home and wants to use it properly
- A person that wants to know exactly what the correct steps to making espresso are
- Someone that is unable to steam milk with silk/sheen texture consistently
- Those that are unsure how to make all the beverages on the Cafe Menu correctly
- An aspiring barista trainer that wants to know a tried and tested delivery method for teaching
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]By the end of this lesson you will be able to make espresso according to the international espresso standard, keep the equipment clean, steam milk and create the 5 main beverages from the café menu according to their international standard.
Why train with us?
- You will be taught by a coffee expert (not a class room teacher) that teaches real world practices (not just theory)
- We’ve served over 70,000,000 cups of our coffee to more than 1,400,000 happy customers at our Melbourne Cafe & Roastery
- We’ve trained over 2000 Barista’s and have developed our own course material (most teachers just copy other teachers)
- Our course material is up to date and current (not traditional “Italian” or “European” out of date practices)
- The classes are designed to allow maximum interaction with the trainer so you can get personal attention (maximum 4 students per class)
- You will be using artisan roasted coffee and be able to enjoy it just like they do in our Cafe in Melbourne (but it will be made with your own hands)
- We don’t limit the amount of drinks you can make, you can make as many coffees as you like within the class time
Lock down your seat today! *if the minimum number of participants is not met, you’ll be notified and placed in the next available class.
Cottle Coffee is also holding the same workshop on 24 June, tickets can be purchased through the following link:
https://diineout.com/event/1st-degree-espresso-foundations-with-cottle-coffee-on-24-june/[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”8971″ alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]