Data Protection Act 2010
We, DiineOut.com (Provenant Sdn Bhd) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our collection, use and disclosure of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. The phrase “PERSONAL INFORMATION” refers to information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including DiineOut’s site, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, social media accounts, post & email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you establish on our site
Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device you are using
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our website
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address, device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our site
- Dates and times of visits to our site
- Information on actions taken on our site (such as page views & site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country & city) from which a visitor accesses our website
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features
- Register you for membership on our website and manage and maintain your account on the site
- Provide events or products you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you have made on our site
- Communicate with you about our products, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products, events or services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about DiineOut, including on our website, blogs, social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions. Tailor our products to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share the personal information we collect with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, business partners, ad network vendors and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We also may share personal information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order),
- in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Users can request deletion of their data by contacting us at [email protected] with your Username or Email that is associated with your account. A sample email is as below:
Email title: “Deletion of data on diineout.com”
Email body: “Please delete all data associated with my email [email protected]“
Please note that account deletion is permanent and irreversible.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to DiineOut’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of DiineOut offerings or site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
- Sharing Information with Business Partners – You may direct DiineOut not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partners’ own purposes. To do so, please email us at [email protected] If you opt out, we will continue sharing your information as otherwise described in the “Information We Share” section of this Privacy Notice, including with our service providers, to fulfill your requests and to comply with legal requirements.
- Marketing Emails – You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you establish on our site.
Targeted Advertising – We may engage with advertising networks that are members of organizations or programs that manage the privacy choices these ad networks offer consumers. Please note that we also may work with ad networks that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not honor the opt-outs we linked above.
- Cookies – Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
- Access and Correction – You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you may establish on our websites. In addition, if you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial.
- Comments – We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to our Site is an excellent one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with DiineOut. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with DiineOut, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
This is a Malaysian website subject to Malaysian laws, including those governing the privacy and security of your information. When we obtain personal information about you, we may process the information outside of the country in which you are located, including in the United States. The countries in which we process the information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Notice.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. You can help, by not sharing your username or password with anyone to further protect yourself and sign out when you have finished your visit to our website.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the bottom of the notice when it was most recently updated.