5th Degree - Filter Fundamentals with Cottle Coffee on 19 June
You can’t call yourself a barista unless you can make tasty filter hand brews!
This lesson will guide you through all the fundamental variables that cause coffee to taste differently and teach you how to manipulate them for filter / hand brew coffee. It is a practical lesson and we learn the theory by experience, you will be brewing all the coffees using a v60 or Aeropress (and maybe even both!) and developing your skill and sensory ability while you learn how the variables effects the tastes, flavours and textures of the coffee.[vc_single_image image=”8971″ alignment=”center”][vc_text_separator title=”Course Content”]
- Evaluation Methods
- Brewing Method Definition
- Filter Recipe Standards
- Flow Rate Protocol
- Filter Brewing Equipment
- Grind Profiling
- Brew Time Standards
- Dosing Standards
- Ratio Standards
- Temperature Range
- Brew Water Analysis
- Aeropress Techniques
- v60 Techniques
- Filter Sensory Basics
If you have been brewing filter coffees and getting inconsistent results, or you want to know what to change in a recipe to get different / better results, or if you have never brewed a filter coffee before and want to get started then this is the best filter class for you join!
Tristan Michael Creswick is accredited with a CertIV Workplace Training & Assessment (AUS), SCA Professional Barista, Intermediate Brewer, Intermediate Roaster (USA)
By the end of the lesson, you will be able to control and manipulate the flavours of filter coffee by using a V60 / Aeropress and you will receive a certificate upon completion!
Lock down your seat today! *if the minimum number of participants is not met, you’ll be notified and placed in the next available class.[vc_single_image image=”8970″ alignment=”center”]
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.