A Date with Master of Wine
Wine has evolved from a beverage into a social, networking and communication tool. Now is your chance to learn from John Salvi Master of Wines and Chris Low Kam Loong CHT and receive a certification upon completion!
Successful application of wine knowledge and skills into food and beverage outlets, will improve overall dining experience of our guests and most importantly increase our bottom line.
This course will provide you with an overview of the wine making process, understanding the characteristic of wine from various wine producing regions. Attendees will also learn how to apply knowledge and skill learned to match wine with various culinary experiences.
During the course you will be served two Tea Sessions and a Lunch to cleanse your palate and feed your brains![vc_hoverbox image=”4549″ primary_title=”” hover_title=”John Salvi, Master of Wines”]John Salvi is an English Master of Wine who has lived in Bordeaux for the last 35 years. The title of Master of Wine is the highest internationally recognized accolade for depth and breadth of wine knowledge. He is also an oenologist who studied under the famous Professor Peynaud at Bordeaux University.
After 40 years in the wine trade as négociant, shipper, wine-maker and professional taster, he now devotes his time to sharing his great knowledge with wine-lovers.
Be it Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire, the Rhone Valley, Rioja, Piedmont, Tuscany, South Africa, or the Port and Sherry regions, John will be happy to guide you and impart information.[/vc_hoverbox][vc_empty_space][vc_hoverbox image=”4592″ primary_title=”” hover_title=”Chris Low Kam Loong CHT”]Chris Low holds a Diploma of Hospitality Management and advance wine education from the Wine and Spirits Education Trust, United Kingdom. He holds a certification of Certified Hospitality Trainer from American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA).
Since 2017, Chris has also received his title as Commandeur D’Honneur de L’Odre du Bontemps, from Bordeaux, France. Chris serves as the Chancellor for Saint-Emilion in Malaysia.[/vc_hoverbox][vc_empty_space height=”60px”]HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT:
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand The 5-Fundamentals that lead to quality of wine
- Understand The Winemaking Process
- Use The 3S Wine Tasting Method to access wine quality
- Differentiate between New and Old World Wine
- Apply The LMF Method to perform wine and food matching
This course will be conducted via interactive multimedia presentation, small group exercises, tastings and a Q & A session.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is open for all to attend, it is specifically suitable for Independent Restaurant Owners, Hotel Food and Beverage Outlet Supervisor and Manager, Wine Bars Owners and Manager. Level for supervisors, managers and ownersLock in your seat and start learning!
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.