A Wine Lover’s Guide to Local Food - Fried Hokkien Mee
Discover a whole new world of wine and food pairing beyond just white wine and white meat. Taste some pairings made in heaven with a selection of wines and one of Malaysia’s iconic local dishes – The Fried Hokkien Mee!
Come sip on some carefully selected wines while slurping down some of the smoothest noodles coated with loads of ‘wok hei’ velvety sauce, topped with super crispy bits of lard.
Well established Hua Xing Restaurant will be serving up this authentic Hokkien classic using a variety of special noodles made from tapioca and potato starches and of course the regular crowd-fave hokkien noodles.
Have fun and learn about wine and its union into Malaysian cuisine and culture.
Hua Xing Restaurant was first established near the wet market off Old Klang road and subsequently moved to Taman OUG due to roadworks in front of their restaurant in Old Klang road. In 2003, they finally settled in this present location until today.
This old school family-run restaurant is a must visit for authentic Hokkien and Foo Chow cuisine and it has been a popular family dinner venue among the local folk for many years. The restaurant is located on the 1st floor of Plaza Seri Setia.
Parking is ample at the basement – RM2.50 per entry, you will need to take the lift up to the restaurant.
Come join us on Thursday, 3 September, 6.30pm-8.30pm!
Dress Code: Casual
Please take note that this event is non halal and is restricted to a minimum age of 21 years and above only.
Restoran Hua Xing (华绅风味食馆)
112, Jalan SS 9/2,
Seri Setia, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Book Your Spot
- We (and the organizers) will adhere to all government guidelines with regards to social distancing due to COVID-19. Any issues in this regard will be handled by the organizers at the venue.
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.