An evening with the very best from Saint Emilion
What a great way to start the week! Together with Mr. Philippe Develay, Director General Of Chateau Pavie and Bordeaux Liquid Gold, eight fantastic wines of which seven vintages were introduced and enjoyed. These remarkable wines were paired together with a equally remarkable five-course meal prepared by the Ritz-Carlton.
Escape for an evening to enjoy the very best from St. Émilion with Château Pavie and Château Monbousquet. For one night only on the 5th of March, right here in Kuala Lumpur. The Private Room at the Ritz Carlton is the ideal setting for a dinner hosted by Phillippe Develay, Director General of Château Pavie.
Château Pavie is the largest St. Émilion 1er Grand Cru Classé, with over 35 hectares of vineyards located exclusively on the St. Émilion Côtes. Pavie is situated south-east of the village of St. Émilion and its vineyards lie on a south-facing slope of the famous limestone plateau.
Pavie’s wine is typically a blend of 55% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Since 1998, the grapes have been fermented in spanking new wooden vats with the wine then being aged in 100% new oak bariques for 18 months. It is bottled unfiltered.
Château Monbousquet is a St. Émilion Grand Cru Classé. Located in the commune of Saint-Sulpice-de-Faleyrens some 22 miles to the northeast of Bordeaux.
Monbousquet has a remarkable terroir with warm deep gravel soils in the south and sandy-clay soils in the north. The largely gravel soils retain warmth well which is good for allowing the relatively late ripening Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc to ripen well. This accounts for the particularly large proportion of these grapes in the vineyard’s composition, unusual in St. Émilion. Today the vineyards cover 79 acres.
Château Monbousquet is usually a blend of 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. All of the grapes are handpicked. The grand vin is usually aged for 18-24 months in new oak barrels with racking every 3 months, though this can change depending on the vintage. The wine is neither fined nor filtered.
Featured wines for the evening will be as follows:
Château Pavie 2003
Château Pavie 2012
Château Pavie 2010
Château Pavie 2000
Arômes de Pavie 2014
Château Monbousquet 2012
Château Monbousquet 2013
Château Monbousquet Blanc 2011
Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Mini Chicken Vol-Au-Vent
Warm Chicken Roulade with Red Pepper Coulis and Shaving Fennel
Olive Crust of Cod with Carrot and Orange Purée and Marinated Zucchini
Chargrill Beef Tenderloin with Gratin Potato, Fresh Grilled Farm Vegetables and Thyme Jus
Seared Rare Tuna with Tomato Fondue and Spaghetti Vegetables
Mushroom Risotto with Shaved Parmesan, Arugula Salad and Olive Oil
Cherry Tartlet with Crumble and Jivara Crème
Limited to 20 seats only.
The extravagant wines served during this five course dinner are high in value, therefore we advise you to not miss out on the opportunity to taste the best from St. Émilion!
Exclusively brought to you by Bordeaux Liquid Gold.
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.