Farm to Fork - 6 Hands Collaborative Dinner at Flock
UNFORTUNATELY THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO CORVID-19.
Chef Richard Millar (Flock), Chef Darren Chin (DC Restaurant) and Chef Lroy Lim (Willow) join forces for a 6-hands collaborative dinner, showcasing the best in sustainable locavore cuisine, highlighting homegrown artisanal partners.
The 6-Hands Dinner Series, aptly called From Farm to Fork, will utilise ingredients from Flock’s local artisanal partners. Expect to indulge in greens from Cameron Highlands-based growers Weeds & More, cheese from local cheesemaker Milky Whey, and chocolate from cocoa beans handpicked by the indigenous community in Pahang and processed by Chocolate Concierge.
The concept is close to Flock’s heart, and is evident through the close relationships formed by Director of Culinary & Head Chef Richard Millar with the local artisans. This movement supports both the local economy and the environment by creating job opportunities and reducing the carbon footprint as goods don’t have to be shipped or flown over from a different country, thus reducing the impact on Earth.
The menu of the night encompasses pass-around canapés, two appetisers, two mains and a dessert. Expect to savour dishes such as ‘La Tomato Farcies’ incorporating local heirloom tomatoes in their most authentic form, ‘Chèvre-let’ , Pan-Fried Milky Whey Chèvre & Potato Terrine, ‘Fish Tales’ utilising local Kerisi Red Mullet Fish, ‘Fowl Play’ which showcases sous vide Moulard Duck with Confit Duck Tortellini and a dessert using 70% Semai Origin Dark Chocolate Entremets.
PASS-AROUND CANAPÉS by Chef Lroy
Heirloom Tomato Water with Tarragon and Semi Dried Tomato Fritter, Tarragon Mayonnaise
Warm Egg Espuma, Shaved Cured Egg Yolk, Croutons with Chives, T’lur Caviar
Sea Bream with Compressed Asian Pears with Lemon Zest and Yuzu Kosher
Artisan Goat Cheese Mousse with Mutiara Fig Chips in a Salted Tart
Liquid Nitro Earl Grey Tea Espuma Infused with Red Apples and Coriander Seed, Dusted with Coriander Powder
“La Tomate Farcies” by Chef Darren
Local Heirloom Tomatoes Stuffed with Local “Kukur” Split Gill Mushrooms & Pearl Barley, Cauliflower Cream, Burnt Leek Jus, Gelée Made From Tomato Water, Sweet Basil Infused Olive Oil
“Chèvre-let” by Chef Richard
Pan-Fried Milky Whey Chèvre and Potato Terrine, Heirloom Beetroot Sorbet, Olive Liquorice, Dehydrated Beets, Red Vein Sorrel
“Fish Tales” by Chef Darren
Local Kerisi Red Mullet with Crispy Edible Potato Scales, Braised Baby Gem, Roasted Kohlrabi, Whipped Beurre Blanc Sauce, Borage Flowers
“Fowl Play” by Chef Richard
Sous Vide Mulard Duck, Confit Duck Tortellini, Heirloom Kale, Fennel Puree, Cape Gooseberry, Pickled Mustard Seed, Truffle Jus, Nasturtium
DESSERT by Chef Lroy
70% Semai Origin Dark Chocolate Entremets with Assam Snow, Layers are Chocolate Sponge, Caramel Mousse, Chocolate – (sweet prune) Assam Ganache, Feuilletine Layer
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Upon check-out, select your preferred date (27 or 28 March) and ADD-ON RM159nett per person to enjoy your meal with a Wine Pairing!
[vc_single_image image=”123126″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”]
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.