“I Have A Dream” Fundraising Dinner for Special Needs Kids
Established in 2016, Gem & Bread is a non-governmental organisation that aims to provide a safe and friendly haven for adolescents and youth with special needs. Every individual is different and so are their needs. Gem and Bread is all about celebrating, embracing and empowering individuals with special needs. Here, everyone is different yet precious; living by our motto, “We are Gem. You are Gem. I am Gem.”
At Gem & Bread, we passionately craft our training programmes to meet the needs of every student with the aim of helping them gain the most out of their learning experience. Nurtured with care, respect and dignity, each child is empowered with practical, social and life skills through various interactive and personal development programmes.
To allow us to continue giving our finest to the community, we have organized a charity fundraising dinner event. These funds will help us to engage more coaches and trainers for our Job Training Program in the area of Jewellery assembling, Paper crafting and Café employment. The funds are also utilized for the procurement of training materials. This way, our students will be able to receive more structured and enriched trainings.
This event will also raise awareness about adolescents with special needs, and will include fun activities like student performances, craft auction and many more. We have a special corner for Balloon creation from Supa Dupa Circus and special gifts. [vc_separator]
6.00 pm – Arrival and Registration
7.00 pm – Doors Open
7.30 pm – Marching in of Student, Parents, Teachers and Mrs Malaysia Pageant Winners
7.40 pm – National Anthem – Negaraku
7.45 pm – Opening Performance by Students of Gem & Bread – “You Raise Me Up”
7.50 pm – Speech by Sharanya Radhakrishnan & Teresa Tan; Co-founders, Gem & Bread
8.10 pm – Speech by Simon Chin; Co-founder/CEO, TraqKid, Vice President, Gem & Bread
8.20 pm – Dinner Served
8.30 pm – Performance by Students of Gem & Bread – “I Have a Dream” & “Do-Re-Mi”
8.50 pm – Auction & Raffle Draw
10.00 pm – End of event
[vc_separator]We invite you and your family to our fundraising event and hope that you will celebrate one meaningful Saturday with us, spreading smiles!
Share the gift of giving and bring along your nearest and dearest! Lock down a table for 10 upon check-out!
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.