Introduction to Specialty Coffee with Cottle Coffee in November
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Better to start on the correct foot, especially when learning about the magic bean which gives life to millions worldwide each morning!
Cottle Coffee’s “Introduction to Specialty Coffee” this Nov 10 brings you on a journey through time and space, from its humble beginnings in Ethiopia, to the major commodity it is today, a source of livelihood for many farmers and ritual beverage to start the day off for millions.
Enjoy a…what else? A cuppa joe upon arrival, before you begin learning through an interactive presentation and cupping session, to see how professionals taste coffee. The session will take you through the stages of the coffee bean, from farming, harvesting and drying, roasting, brewing and drinking.
Follow up with coffee brewing activities, guided by our experts. They will also be on hand at the end of this 4-hour session, to answer your Q&A session, as well as give you an overview of the career pathway in the coffee industry. There will also be an exam for those who wish to kickstart their caffeine career.
You don’t need to have a pre-requisite level of knowledge to join! This class is ideal for anyone thinking hard about opening a cafe or coffee shop; if you’re interested in starting a new career; even if you’re a barista looking for ideas on how to run a coffee appreciation class.
Are you a caffeine fiend? Someone who enjoys cooking or just looking to start a new hobby? You’re welcome too! By the end of this session, you will know the different segments of the coffee supply chain, have a basic understanding of how to brew and analyze coffee and have an awakened palate with new level of appreciation for coffee.
[vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”107474″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][vc_column width=”1/2″]
Why train with Cottle Coffee?
- You will be taught by a coffee expert (not a class room teacher) that teaches real world practices (not just theory)
- We’ve served over 70,000,000 cups of our coffee to more than 1,400,000 happy customers at our Melbourne Cafe & Roastery
- We’ve trained over 2000 Barista’s and have developed our own course material (most teachers just copy other teachers)
- Our course material is up to date and current (not traditional “Italian” or “European” out of date practices)
- You will be using artisan roasted coffee and be able to enjoy it just like they do in our Cafe in Melbourne
“Coffee has given me so many great experiences, introduced me to some of the most amazing people, and allowed me to travel all over the world. I look forward to teaching you so that you can have the same exciting opportunities.” – Tristan
There are 2 additional hours online, which can be done at your earliest convenience. This session is worth 10 points towards the CSP Coffee Diploma and includes the SCA Certification Cost (which is worth EUR72). Learn more on The SCA Website here
Note: This class requires minimum registrants to go ahead. If the minimum is not met, you’ll be notified and given a choice of other dates to attend.
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.