Japanese Wagashi Beginner Workshop
[vc_cta h2=”EARLY BIRD PRICE!” txt_align=”center” style=”custom” custom_background=”#1e73be” custom_text=”#ffffff”]
RM90 (nsp RM120) for purchases made before 31 December!
A trend that took off during Japan’s Edo period, Wagashi is the collective term for the sweets and confectionery that are usually eaten in accompaniment with green tea.
If you’d like to learn more about this simple, yet subtle art in Japanese tea culture, come join the Japanese Wagashi Beginner Workshop, taking place this Jan 18 and 19 at D’Residency, No. 12 Jalan Aggerik in Petaling Jaya.
A workshop tailored for beginners, let’s start off with Nerikiri, a Japanese sweet ade from white bean paste and glutinous rice flour. Participants will learn to make 5 Nerikiri designs from 10.30am till 12pm. Where you’ll get to colour, wrap the filling and shape the Nerikiri yourself.
Don’t worry about making a hash of things, as you’ll be under expert guidance, and everything, including recipes, ingredients and cooking utensils will be provided by the organisers. This is a chance for participants to let their creative side show, and come up with any designs on their minds!
[vc_single_image image=”117760″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”]
Once you’re done shaping, enjoy your creations, probably once you’re done taking the photos for Instagram, with a cup of relaxing matcha tea.
All recipes and ingredients are gluten-free, as well as vegetarian-, vegan and Muslim-friendly. DO let the organiser know if you have any food allergies, and they can tweak the ingredients to suit your dietary preferences.
And if you purchase tickets before 31 December, enjoy an RM30 discount at only RM90 per ticket!
[vc_single_image image=”117759″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”]
The Nerikiri dough and filling will be prepared by the instructor before the class starts.
This class caters for beginner learners, and is not suitable for intermediate or advanced-level guests.
Guests are not allowed to bring companion and non-paying guests during class.
Edible food coloring is used in our recipe.
Dress Code: Casual
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.