Kelantanese Fine Dining with Dapur Mekwa - A Supper Club Experience
EARLY BIRD PROMO: Tickets bought before 24 Sept are priced at RM150 only!
Enjoy a Kelantanese fine-dining experience in a unique and one of only a few supper clubs in Malaysia. Have some drinks and nibbles before sitting down to savour an exquisite 4-course Kelantanese dinner served together with mocktails.
Dapur Mekwa Grub Club is a new and exciting social experience, a cross between a dinner party and a restaurant. It’s more than just a dining event but a social experience enriched with culture and heritage. You get the informality of eating at home (at our private residence) but with the added benefit of dining out, i.e. no need for cooking and clearing up!
Each meal comes with an origin story, narrated by the host who acts as Tok Selampit, a traditional Kelantanese storyteller. It’s 4-course culinary enjoyment intended to enrich the connection between and among the guests. Usually, the foods they served eaten all at the same time, in typical local fashion, but it has been modified them into a fine dining meal. The ingredients in each course are connected to the next, to ensure a balance of your palate and so that the feed flows like the plot of a story.
For their debut menu, they introduce a royal theme, featuring princesses of yore such as Puteri Gunung Ledang and Puteri Saadong. At the table, each place setting included a card that told the stories of these legendary female figures. Together with the food, they became part of the storytelling.[vc_text_separator title=”Menu” border_width=”2″][vc_single_image image=”3483″ alignment=”center”]
SUP UDANG PADUKA JEMBAL
Rich, hearty prawn soup subtly spiced, with a hint of coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves for a delightful tang
[vc_single_image image=”3482″ alignment=”center”]
MAK YONG SALAD WITH KERABU SNAPPER
Fresh fish cured in lime juice with lemongrass, in a bed leafy lettuce, rockets, toasted cashew nuts and dried shrimps
[vc_single_image image=”3478″ alignment=”center”]
AYAM PERCIK BONDA WITH INDERAPURA RICE
Flavourful roast chicken topped with creamy percik sauce with a zing, served with fragrant rice and condiments
[vc_single_image image=”3479″ alignment=”center”]
LOMPAT TIKAM WITH GULA MELAKA
Silky pandan rice flour cake served with glutinous rice, generous amount of thick coconut milk and drizzles of palm sugar
DRINKS & BEVERAGES
You may bring alcohol
[vc_separator]Enjoy an evening of fabulous conversations and unique dining experience, featuring an interpretation of traditional Kelantanese food, with a modern twist!
Lock in your seat now as the extraordinary & rustic adventure of Dapur Mekwa Grub Club in Taman Melati, Kuala Lumpur and a surprise complimentary door gift awaits you!
There is limited seating available, so get your ticket today!
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.