Puglia Food & Wine at Sapore
Indulge yourself as you get to taste authentic Puglia food and wine at Sapore! Puglia – the “spur” and “heel” of the Italian boot – is one of Europe’s great agricultural areas, its immense plains and rolling hills producing much of Italy’s wine and olive oil, vast quantities of its fruit and vegetables, and most of the hard durum wheat used to make its pasta.
Top 3 reasons you must be craving for Sapore’s Puglia Food & Wine Event: *Chef doesn’t do this often!*
1. Puglia’s typical pasta is orecchiette (“little ears”, after their shape)
2. Meat is usually lamb (agnello), meaning they have good cheeses as well!
3. Lots of sun and robust traditional grape varieties such as primitivo (a close cousin of zinfandel) often make for powerful reds look-out.
The ticket price is for 2 pax and is inclusive of 1x Bottle of the selection of Puglia’s Wine below![vc_text_separator title=”Menu”]
Eggplant Cake with Mortadella Ham
Cavatelli Pasta with Mix Seafood
Orecchiette Broccoli Tomato & Anchovies
Baby Lamb with Potato
Bombette Ripiene, Pork shoulder with White Wine Sauce
[vc_text_separator title=”Puglia Wine Selection”]
CA’ VITTORIA Appassimento Rosso Puglia IGT
Deep red colour. The good late maturation gives the characteristic notes of ripe and dried fruits, such as plums and raisins. The subsequent slight oak aging gives the pleasant notes of chocolate and spices that make this wine harmonic and balanced, pleasant and mature.
Bertoldi Gran Passione Rosso
Vibrant purple colour, rich luscious nose full of sweet ripe dark cherry, plum, vanilla and christmas spice. Rich and velvety, with lots of juicy fruit. Very easy drinking.
“Dark garnet with ruby tints. Beguiling nose of cherry, sour cherry and fine spices with a touch of mocha. Velvety attack, ample, robust, powerful palate showing hay and youthful iodine and mineral touches. Firm mid-palate. Well-made with well-judged proportions
Magnifico ‘Rosso Fuoco’ Primitivo
Intense purple colour, tending towards amber with ageing. This wine has a very solid structure due to the elevated alcohol and the balance between soft tannins and acidity. fruity, with notes of plums cherry marmalade and tobacco; spicy with an aftertaste of cocoa, coffee and vanilla.
Doppio Passo Primitivo del Salento IGT
Deep ruby red colour tending towards garnet with ageing. In youth it has fresh, varietal aromas that become more complex with the time. Varietal characters are especially blackberry, cherries and ripe fruits. A very interesting structure is achieved due to the good balance between the soft tannins and acidity. This wine has an excellent character.
Lock in your seat for a dinner for two and a bottle of wine!
Book Your Spot
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make amendments to the experience without any prior notifications. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket(s) for any reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry to the experience. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.