Rums and Cubanos at Concubine KL
If you’re someone who enjoys a good smoke and you haven’t tried pairing cigars with a glass of Rum, then you’re only getting half the experience!
Come discover another level of experimentation that cigar aficionados can delve into to find the perfect cigar-rum pairing in “Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo de Río Seco” cigars and three of the best dark, aged rums that Dom Q has to offer.
With the history of rum and cigars intertwined, their ingredients – sugar cane in the case of rum and tobacco for handmade cigars – hail from similar, if not identical, regions. The two are definitely a sweet tasting natural pairing.
Tucked in the very heart of Kuala Lumpur’s rejuvenated Chinatown, Concubine KL’s walls were once the sanctum for eternal Mahjong nights, gang lord reunions and hosted women of the street, opium smokers and Chinese merchants.
Flirtatious and funky, everything at Concubine KL is done with a little dash of fun and sass. Age-worn walls and original wooden structures have been kept intact and given a coat of punchy pink and jungle green that catches perfectly the splashes of neon lights.
A stick of Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo De Rio Seco Cigar
At a ring gauge of 56, it’s the thickest regular-production cigar to come out of Cuba, the Río Seco represents a modern way to experience Cuban cigars—one that allows for more tobacco and, ideally, more expression of Cuba’s terroir. Whether you like heavy ring gauges or not, the Río Seco inarguably delivers impressions of cinnamon, nutmeg, oak and caramel that are nuanced and delicious.
Paired with the three of Dom Q’s dark, aged rums
i. Don Q Oak Barrel Spice Rum
Experience spiced rum like never before. Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced is an extraordinary blend of rums aged at least 3 years in American white oak barrels. This premium rum has warm, rich, golden hues and a smooth, robust texture with noticeable legs. Warm kitchen spices like vanilla, cinnamon and caramel slowly give way to oaky notes and a touch of toasted coffee – a flavor profile that envelops your palate and warms your heart and soul.
ii. Don Q Reserva 7 Rum
Don Q Reserva 7 is bright and radiant aged Puerto Rican rum crafted from an exceptional blend of rums aged a minimum of 7 years in American white oak barrels. Rich in flavor and character, the special care and flawless craft that go into the creation of this rum make it the ideal companion at any gathering.
iii. Don Q Gran Añejo Rum
Don Q Gran Añejo is a top of the range sipping rum from Puerto Rican domestic powerhouse Serralles. The Gran Añejo is a blend of rums aged up to 12 years from Serralles aged stocks. It is noted (unsurprisingly) that these are amongst their “finest” aged stocks.
Come and join us on Sunday 8 November from 5pm to 10pm!
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Please take note that this event is non halal and is restricted to a minimum age of 21 years and above only.
Book Your Spot
- We (and the organizers) will adhere to all government guidelines with regards to social distancing due to COVID-19. Any issues in this regard will be handled by the organizers at the venue.
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to the experience without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket for any type of reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt at the venue that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued either.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.