Syrah vs Shiraz Dinner
What’s your wine style … Syrah or Shiraz?
We’re featuring the most planted grape in Australia, where it is more well known as Shiraz, and Syrah, the original rich and powerful red wine that has its origins in the Northern Rhone Valley in France.
Guided by Lionel Lau, one of Malaysia’s most sought-after wine and spirits presenters and experts, experience 2 of the best expressions of this grape ever made, paired along with some of the finest premium ingredients sourced and prepared by Rare the Food Company.
From the Rhone Valley, you get the most famous of Syrah wines, The Paul Jaboulet-Aîné: La Chapelle Hermitage.
And across the world in the Down Under, Clarendon Hills Astralis is a true expression of Australian classic Shiraz.
Seats are limited (coz we take social distancing seriously), so hurry and get your tickets today!
Tasting will be guided by Lionel Lau, a much sought after wine & spirits presenter, trainer and host. He frequently presents at launches, tastings and the like. Having owned and operated the first stand alone wine bar in Malaysia, he will take you on a unique journey through some of the best selection of Syrah and Shiraz wines.
The Venue: Rare The Food Company
Home to the best ingredients from different regions. Enjoy a variety of premium food sourced worldwide, savour the difference of seafood from Japan to Iberico from Spain, Rarethefoodco offers a unique experience in engaging food produce.
You could always dine in at its Restaurant run by Rare The Food Company’s co-founder, Ken Lai, who serves up a totally unique dining experience and ever-changing specials based on seasonal ingredients.
Hubert de Bouard Sauvignon Blanc 2016
– paired with –
Japanese Cherry Tomato Salad
Grilled Dutch Eels
Paul Jaboulet La Chapelle Hermitage 2007
Clarendon Hills Astralis 2008
– paired with –
Grilled Iberico Collar
Grilled Iberico Lagrima
Dry Aged Bidor Duck
Dry Aged Angus Beef
Graham’s The Tawny Mature Reserve Port
Come and join us, Thursday 6 May from 7.00pm – 9.30pm!
Dress Code: Smart Casual
Please take note that this event is non halal and is restricted to a minimum age of 21 years and above only. Menu and seating at this event is on a shared basis.
Seating will be shared on 3 tables of 7 pax each. No separate tables available. All dine-in experiences will adhere strictly to protocols which include social distancing, hygiene, sanitization and registration.
Book Your Spot
- We (and the organizers) will adhere to all government guidelines with regards to social distancing due to COVID-19. Any issues in this regard will be handled by the organizers at the venue.
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to the experience without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket for any type of reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt at the venue that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued either.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.