WSET Level 1 Award in Wines with AYS Wine & Sake Consultancy, Penang
A beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Host: AYS Wine & Sake Consultancy
AYS Wine & Sake Consultancy is the approved programme provider for WSET (Wine & Spirits Education Trust UK).
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET and WSET Awards) is an awarding body and registered charity devoted to the development and delivery of qualifications and courses in wines and spirits. Established in 1969 for the UK wine trade, WSET has since grown to become the global industry leader.
As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, our educational products offer impartial and sound learning on which individuals and businesses can build knowledge and expertise. WSET qualifications are available through a network of over 600 Approved Programme Providers (APPs) working in over 70 countries and 19 languages.
Venue: Platform 9 3/4, Penang
The Place Where The Magic Begins. For Harry Potter fans, Platform 9 3/4 is something that’s not unfamiliar. This is the entrance to a magical world. For those that love a hidden spot with the elegance of fine dining paired alongside a variety of fine wine, this place serves up an authentic culinary journey that will make you go ‘wow’.
You Will Learn the Following:
- The main types and styles of wine.
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics How to store and serve wine.
- The principles of food and wine pairing.
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
Come and join us on Wednesday, 4 November from 9.30am to 5.30pm!
Dress Code: Casual
This course will proceed once there is a minimum number of participants.
Please take note that this event is non halal and is restricted to a minimum age of 21 years and above only.
Training Course Location:
Platform 9 3/4 Fine Dining & Cellar , Penang
61, Jalan Magazine
10300 George Town,
Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Platform 9 3/4 Facebook Page
Book Your Spot
- We (and the organizers) will adhere to all government guidelines with regards to social distancing due to COVID-19. Any issues in this regard will be handled by the organizers at the venue.
- Please note that the organizers reserve the right to make changes, revisions and amendments to the experience without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be reflected on the experience’s page accordingly.
- Each organizer reserves the right to cancel the experience, purchasers will be informed and the organizer will inform DiineOut of their decision on potential refunds or credit.
- If the purchaser would like to cancel their ticket for any type of reason, the decision of the organizer will be considered final.
- If it is proven beyond doubt at the venue that an attendee is below the ‘minimum age’, (s)he will not be granted entry. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued either.
- The experience will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as it starts. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.