- This event has passed.
Introduction to Coffee with Cottle Coffee in September
September 20, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmRM250
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_cta h2=”Extended Until 30 September!” txt_align=”center” style=”custom” custom_background=”#dd3333″ custom_text=”#ffffff”]
Use the coupon code #malaysia56 & get RM56 off for this experience!
[/vc_cta][vc_column_text]Whether you’re a long-time caffeine fiend or a neophyte just starting to explore the varied taste profiles and brewing techniques for the humble bean, it’s still fun to learn about the basics of coffee, its history, the behind-the-scenes process that delivers that fresh morning brew to millions everyday.
Join “Introduction to Coffee with Cottle Coffee”, where you’ll learn the coffee-growing process from growing coffee berries, harvesting, drying and roasting them, before finally brewing and drinking that cuppa.
After a welcome cup of coffee (but of course!), class starts with an interactive presentation and cupping session, where you’ll learn how professionals sample coffee. Our experts will then guide you through coffee-brewing, before winding down with a Q&A session, career pathway guides and exam for those who aspire to begin a career as a coffee barista.
Aside from general coffee lovers, this session is ideal for those looking to start their own cafe or coffee shop, anyone who’s interested in starting a new career as a barista, and even for professionals looking to further expand their knowledge or solidify their brewing skills! [/vc_column_text][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Course Content
- Coffee Legend
- Historical Facts
- Plant Agriculture
- Growing Regions
- Processing Methods
- Coffee Roasting
- Brewing Methods
- Brewing Variables
- Analysis Methods
- Consumption Trends
- Barista Objectives
- Career Pathways
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]This class is ideal for:
- Anyone with a general interest in coffee that wants to learn more and explore
- Someone thinking about opening a Cafe or Coffee Shop
- Someone that’s interested in starting a new career
- A person that is passionate about coffee and wants to try making it
- Anyone looking for a new hobby
- Someone that likes cooking and or preparing specialty beverages
- An aspiring barista trainer that wants to know how to run a Coffee Appreciation Class
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][vc_single_image image=”107474″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]Bio: Tristan who was born in Australia, started working in a cafe, washing dishes, when he was 16. Not long after he was behind the coffee machine pulling shots and has spent most of his career working with coffee since. He has competed (and won) in Barista competitions, owned 2 successful cafes and a coffee roastery (Sydney), was the Operations and Training Manager for a national coffee franchise (Coffee Guru) and has been in all sorts of diverse roles in F&B and the coffee industry along the way.
His experience has caused him to recognize the benefits that education offers and so continues to learn himself and he is committed to educating others. He teaches all levels of Barista and because he still teaches the basic levels his ability and methods of delivering the training are very refined so he can take someone from zero to advanced in a very short amount of time.
“I’m looking forward to teaching you all that I’ve learned so that you can have the same opportunities given to you.” – Tristan[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Why train with Cottle Coffee?
- You will be taught by a coffee expert (not a class room teacher) that teaches real world practices (not just theory)
- We’ve served over 70,000,000 cups of our coffee to more than 1,400,000 happy customers at our Melbourne Cafe & Roastery
- We’ve trained over 2000 Barista’s and have developed our own course material (most teachers just copy other teachers)
- Our course material is up to date and current (not traditional “Italian” or “European” out of date practices)
- You will be using artisan roasted coffee and be able to enjoy it just like they do in our Cafe in Melbourne
PASS EXAMS. GET CERTIFIED. GROW YOUR COFFEE CAREER!
Note: This class requires minimum registrants to go ahead. If the minimum is not met, you’ll be notified and given a choice of other dates to attend.