EARLY BIRD PRICE OF RM100 (NSP RM250) until 30 August!
Start your coffee journey the right way by learning about the origins of coffee and how the world appreciates coffee origins in the modern day. This class takes you on a journey from coffee’s humble beginnings in Ethiopia to the major commodity it is today, a source of livelihood for many farmers and a morning ritual enjoyed by millions around the world!
Are you passionate about coffee and want to learn more?
From farming the cherries through picking, drying, roasting, brewing and finally drinking, this module looks at the many stages coffee goes through in its production.
All levels welcome!
After coffee on arrival (of course!), this class starts with an interactive presentation and cupping session (how professionals taste coffee), followed by coffee brewing activities guided by our experts. The class will wind down with a Q&A, career pathway guide, and an exam for those that wish to kick start their career.
You will be guided by our experts to brew your own coffee!
The Introduction to Coffee class is designed for anyone with a general interest in the world’s favorite beverage or for the aspiring professional that wants strong foundations.
- Coffee Legend
- Historical Facts
- Plant Agriculture
- Growing Regions
- Processing Methods
- Coffee Roasting
- Brewing Methods
- Brewing Variables
- Analysis Methods
- Consumption Trends
- Barista Objectives
- Career Pathways
This class is ideal for:
- Anyone with a general interest in coffee that wants to learn more and explore
- Someone thinking about opening a Cafe or Coffee Shop
- Someone that’s interested in starting a new career
- A person that is passionate about coffee and wants to try making it
- Anyone looking for a new hobby
- Someone that likes cooking and or preparing specialty beverages
- An aspiring barista trainer that wants to know how to run a Coffee Appreciation Class
Born in Australia – Currently City: Kuala Lumpur
Bio: Tristan started working in a cafe, washing dishes, when he was 16. Not long after he was behind the coffee machine pulling shots and has spent most of his career working with coffee since. He has competed (and won) in Barista competitions, owned 2 successful cafes and a coffee roastery (Sydney), was the Operations and Training Manager for a national coffee franchise (Coffee Guru) and has been in all sorts of diverse roles in F&B and the coffee industry along the way.
His experience has caused him to recognize the benefits that education offers and so continues to learn himself and he is committed to educating others. He teaches all levels of Barista and because he still teaches the basic levels his ability and methods of delivering the training are very refined so he can take someone from zero to advanced in a very short amount of time.
Trainer ProfileTristan Michael Creswick ces all over the world and I’m looking forward to teaching you all that I’ve learned so that you can have the same opportunities given to you.” – Tristan
By the end of this lesson you will know the coffee production process, have a basic understanding of how to brew and analyze it, and have an awakened palate and new level of appreciation for coffee.
Why train with Cottle Coffee?
- You will be taught by a coffee expert (not a class room teacher) that teaches real world practices (not just theory)
- We’ve served over 70,000,000 cups of our coffee to more than 1,400,000 happy customers at our Melbourne Cafe & Roastery
- We’ve trained over 2000 Barista’s and have developed our own course material (most teachers just copy other teachers)
- Our course material is up to date and current (not traditional “Italian” or “European” out of date practices)
- You will be using artisan roasted coffee and be able to enjoy it just like they do in our Cafe in Melbourne
PASS EXAMS. GET CERTIFIED. GROW YOUR COFFEE CAREER!
*if the minimum number of participants is not met, you’ll be notified and placed in the next available class.